Mercury: What You Should Know & What You Can Do About It
- Mercury is one of the most common causes of chronic health problems such as chronic fatigue (CFS), depression, multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular problems, hormone related problems, ADHD, autism, learning disabilities, Alzheimer’s, and other neurological or immune conditions.
- Over 20% of U.S. population tested for mercury had high (dangerous) levels of mercury.
- Dental amalgam is the largest source of mercury in most people with mercury amalgam dental fillings.
- Over 30% of water bodies and both freshwater and saltwater (predator) fish species have dangerous levels of mercury.
- Most people with many types of chronic health problems and significant mercury exposure who reduce mercury exposure and undergo detox recover or significantly improve.
- Dental amalgam is the largest source of mercury in sewers, and all sewers have high (dangerous) levels of mercury.
- Dental amalgam is the second largest source of mercury in water bodies and fish, after emissions.
- Dental amalgam is a major source of mercury air emissions (from crematoria and landfill or landspread garbage or sewage that is converted to methyl mercury by soil bacteria and outgased).
Documentation of this information is available from DAMS at amalgam.org.
What you can do
- Educate yourself, your family, and friends about mercury sources and mercury health effects.
- Learn how to be tested for mercury exposure and mercury toxicity; and learn how to safely detoxify your family.
- Have mercury amalgam dental fillings and metal crowns over amalgam replaced by a knowledgeable dentist (knowledge, equipment, and protocol makes over 50% difference in exposure during work involving amalgam).
- Insist that your county and state require mercury amalgam separators in all dental offices. (The largest source of mercury is in sewers; second largest is in people’s amalgam fillings.)
- Insist that the legislature pass bills to control mercury emissions, require dental office amalgam separators, and require dentists to warn patients of the dangers of mercury.
- Become a member of or contributor to DAMS.
DAMS is currently working with thousands of people in the U.S. dealing with serious health effects caused by exposure to mercury from amalgam and urges everyone to find out more about this major problem and to get involved in resolving these health safety issues. DAMS can provide information and help to anyone who is interested or who thinks they might have health problems related to their amalgam fillings.