Mercury’s Connection to Allergies and Immune Reactive Conditions
- There has been a large increase in the incidence of allergic and immune reactive conditions such as allergies, asthma, eczema, diabetes, and autism among children and in conditions such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, lupus, psoriasis, oral lichen planus and multiple sclerosis among adults.
- Medical and clinical studies document that a high percentage of people are allergic or immune reactive to mercury to varying degrees, and that many millions are adversely affected by such immune reactive conditions, including many disabled by related autoimmune conditions.
- Clinical immune reactivity tests by medical labs document that high percentages of those with immune reactive conditions or chronic conditions are significantly immune reactive to mercury or other toxic metals.
- Peer-reviewed medical studies and clinical records document that many thousands of children and adults with mercury related immune reactive conditions have recovered or significantly improved after reducing exposures and proper treatment for mercury toxicity.
- Studies researching the cause of the rapid of the rapid rise in children’s immune reactive and neurological conditions identified the high levels of mercury exposure from earlier and more frequent vaccinations that use mercury thimerosal as a preservative, as well as significant prenatal and postnatal mercury exposure to infants from mother’s amalgam fillings and breast milk.
- Medical studies, government scientific panels, and thousands of clinical tests by medical labs have documented that amalgam dental fillings are the largest source of mercury exposure in most people and that exposures from amalgam fillings commonly exceed government health standards for mercury.
- Medical studies have documented the mechanisms such as immune reactivity by which mercury causes over 30 chronic health conditions, and many thousands of cases of recovery or significant improvement after amalgam replacement or mercury detoxification.
- Mercury from amalgam fillings crosses a pregnant mother’s placenta and accumulates in the fetus at levels significantly higher than in the mother’s blood. Infants are also exposed to significant levels of mercury from mother’s milk in those who have several amalgam fillings.
- The reasons for high levels of exposure to mercury in those with amalgam fillings include the volatility of mercury at room temperature, oral galvanic currents between mixed metals such as amalgam fillings and metal crowns, and currents induced by electromagnetic fields. This results in high levels of mercury in oral air, saliva, and then to other parts of the body.
- Mercury is extremely cytotoxic (kills cells), neurotoxic (kills and damages neurons), endocrine disrupting (accumulates and damages the hormonal glands and hormone function, including reproductive effects and effects on IQ in children), and immunotoxic (kills cells and damages the immune system and immune function). Mercury is the most toxic substance people commonly come in contact with and so toxic that the drinking water standard is 2 parts per billion. Exposure from amalgam fillings or vaccinations are commonly much higher than government health standards.
- There are similar immune reactive and neurotoxic effects from other toxic exposures such as arsenic, lead, cadmium, nickel, pesticides, organochlorine and organophosphate chemicals. The effects of mercury and other such toxic exposures are additive or synergistic.
Documentation of this information is available from DAMS at amalgam.org.
DAMS is currently working with thousands of people in the U.S. dealing with serious health effects caused by exposure to mercury from amalgam and urges everyone to find out more about this major problem and to get involved in resolving these health safety issues. DAMS can provide information and help to anyone who is interested or who thinks they might have health problems related to their amalgam fillings.